This professional development module is the third of a series of course modules introduced by Cledor Education, titled “Innovations in pedagogy, self-directed study, and reflective practice”. All teachers are encouraged to register for modules in accordance with the order prescribed in the series since each additional module builds upon the knowledge and skills acquired from the preceding one.
This course module will equip participants with practical skills with which to help their students effectively manage time for their academic and life success.
By the end of this module, participants will:
- Understand the science behind effective time management for self-directed study
- Analyze and evaluate some study and activity timetables used by their schools
- Practice creating efficient and individualized day timetables/timelines with provisions for effective self-directed study
- Discuss and explore options for time management skills development in their schools and classrooms
Course Module Certification
Participants who meet the course module requirements will receive a Certificate of Achievement issued in electronic format.
1.Time vs. Life
2.The Science of Study-time Management
- Understanding prime study-time
- Negotiable activities
- Non-negotiable activities
3.Creating 24-Hour Comprehensive and Individualised Timetables/Timelines
- Allotting Time for Self-directed Study
4.Managing the Timelines
5.Applications in the School and Classroom
6.Practice and Summative Assessments
Course format: Online/Internet-based
Language: English (en)
Time required: 3 hours in one day
Dates, Time, and Selected Districts:
Participating districts are categorized into 4 groups namely A, B, C, and D.
Group A: La-Nkwantanang, Adenta, Ashaiman, Sekyere South, Savelugu
Group B: Ningo Prampram, La-Dade kotopon, Ga Central, Ga West, Ada East
Group C: Accra Metro, Kpone Katamanso, Ga South, Shai Osudoku
Group D: Tema Metro, Ledzokuku Krowor, Ada West, Ga East
|Group A||Group B||Group C||Group D|
|Module 1||Thursday, June 3||Tuesday, June 8||Thursday, June 10||Tuesday, June 15|
|Module 2||Thursday, June 17||Tuesday, June 22||Thursday, June 24||Tuesday, June 29|
|Module 3||Thursday, July 1||Tuesday, July 6||Thursday, July 8||Tuesday, July 13|
|Module 4||Thursday, July 15||Thursday, July 22||Tuesday, July 27||Thursday, July 29|
- Sessions are scheduled for Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Where registrations exceed available spaces for a training, some districts will be rescheduled for Mondays, Wednesdays, or Fridays.
- Sessions will be held after school on the indicated dates, starting at 3 pm prompt
Course access: Reviewed by NTC and approved for teacher registration
Target Group: Teachers in all ranks, education/non-teaching staff
Method of recording and keeping attendance: Teacher’s INSET Logbook, NTC’s digital register for teachers, Cledor Education’s attendance register
Intended mechanism for monitoring attendance and active participation (per hour or per session) for the duration of the activity: Periodic recording of participant list; use of interactive learning; periodic formative activities, others are: Attendance register, Q&A, and group activities.
Method to be used for obtaining feedback or evaluation of the program:
- Formative and summative assessment of participants
- Questionnaires/Feedback forms
- Video testimonials
List of references for participants to consult ahead of training:
- Updates will be available on discussion boards
Please note that there is a live Q&A session with the course facilitator.
Name: Francis Mensah-Okyere
Position: CEO, Cledor Ltd.; Creator, EmoEles
Telephone: 024 931 4836
Email: [email protected]