This professional development module is the fourth of a series of course modules introduced by Cledor Education, titled “Innovations in pedagogy, self-directed study, and reflective practice”. All teachers are encouraged to register for modules in accordance with the order prescribed in the series since each additional module builds upon the knowledge and skills acquired from the preceding one.
This course module will equip participants with practical skills with which to write reflective logs with EmoEles; as well as guide their students to do reflective writing as part of their self-directed study with EmoEles.
By the end of this module, participants will:
- Explore their experience of writing reflective logs
- Analyze and evaluate some examples of reflective logs
- Understand and practice writing reflective logs with EmoEles
- Discuss and explore options for reflective practice with EmoEles in teaching and student learning
Course Module Certification
Participants who meet the course module requirements will receive a Certificate of Achievement issued in electronic format.
- Learning Logs, Learning Diaries, and Reflective Journals
- The Importance of Reflective Writing
- Reflections in Teaching
- Reflections in Learning
2.Levels of Reflection in Reflective Writing
- Using a Bloom Approach
3.Reflecting on Reflections with EmoEles
- Using the EmoEles Notebook Format
- EmoEles as a teacher reflection tool
- EmoEles as a student reflection tool
4.Assessing Student Reflections with EmoEles
Course format: Online/Internet-based
Language: English (en)
Time required: 3 hours in one day
Dates, Time, and Selected Districts:
Participating districts are categorized into 4 groups namely A, B, C, and D.
Group A: La-Nkwantanang, Adenta, Ashaiman, Sekyere South, Savelugu
Group B: Ningo Prampram, La-Dade kotopon, Ga Central, Ga West, Ada East
Group C: Accra Metro, Kpone Katamanso, Ga South, Shai Osudoku
Group D: Tema Metro, Ledzokuku Krowor, Ada West, Ga East
|Group A||Group B||Group C||Group D|
|Module 1||Thursday, June 3||Tuesday, June 8||Thursday, June 10||Tuesday, June 15|
|Module 2||Thursday, June 17||Tuesday, June 22||Thursday, June 24||Tuesday, June 29|
|Module 3||Thursday, July 1||Tuesday, July 6||Thursday, July 8||Tuesday, July 13|
|Module 4||Thursday, July 15||Thursday, July 22||Tuesday, July 27||Thursday, July 29|
- Sessions are scheduled for Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Where registrations exceed available spaces for a training, some districts will be rescheduled for Mondays, Wednesdays, or Fridays.
- Sessions will be held after school on the indicated dates, starting at 3 pm prompt
Course access: Reviewed by NTC and approved for teacher registration
Target Group: Teachers in all ranks, education/non-teaching staff
Method of recording and keeping attendance: Teacher’s INSET Logbook, NTC’s digital register for teachers, Cledor Education’s attendance register
Intended mechanism for monitoring attendance and active participation (per hour or per session) for the duration of the activity: Periodic recording of participant list; use of interactive learning; periodic formative activities, others are: Attendance register, Q&A, and group activities.
Method to be used for obtaining feedback or evaluation of the program:
- Formative and summative assessment of participants
- Questionnaires/Feedback forms
- Video testimonials
List of references for participants to consult ahead of training:
- Updates will be available on discussion boards
Please note that there is a live Q&A session with the course facilitator.
Name: Francis Mensah-Okyere
Position: CEO, Cledor Ltd.; Creator, EmoEles
Telephone: 024 931 4836
Email: [email protected]